HPL Catalog - SOLAR
MARVEL! - Virtual Library
Reference & Research
Programs & Events
ABOUT THE LIBRARY
Hours & Holidays
Directions to Library
MARVEL! - Virtual Library
Meeting Room Use
There is a meeting room in the basement of the library that is accessible down a short
flight of stairs. The library is in the process of adding a wheelchair lift. Expected completion date is spring 2006.
Please contact the librarian for availability.
MEETING ROOM USE
This policy provides guidance to facilitate the fair, safe and appropriate use
of the Hartland Public Library meeting room.
B. Meeting Room Policy
The primary purpose of the Hartland Public Library's meeting rooms is to provide
a space for library and library-related activities. The needs of the Library
will take precedence.
Community groups and sponsors of educational and cultural events are welcome to
use the meeting rooms subject to availability and adherence to the following
policies and guidelines.
- All requests for meeting room use must be approved by the Librarian or
designee. The Librarian may use the Application for Using Library Meeting
- The meeting rooms are available during normal Library operating hours and
are provided free of charge to non-commercial groups. Meetings may extend
beyond the closing time of the Library with advance approval of the Librarian.
The Librarian will inform the after-hour users of the lock-up procedures.
- Admission or related fees are not permitted.
- The name, address, or telephone number of the Library may not be used as
the official address or headquarters of any organization other than the
Hartland Public Library.
- Library audiovisual equipment is available only upon prior reservation and
only to groups which have an experienced operator or which make arrangements in
advance for training by library staff.
- The person requesting use of the meeting room, who must be an adult, is
responsible for the orderly conduct of the group, and in the event of any
damage to library property and/or equipment that individual will be liable.
Young children accompanying adult users of the meeting room shall not be left
unattended in the Library.
- Groups are responsible for arranging the chairs, tables, and other equipment
to meet their own needs. Following their use of the room, groups must leave the
room in a clean and neat condition. Meeting Room Use Guidelines will be posted
in the meeting room.
- A representative from the group using the Library meeting room must complete
and return an attendance card after the meeting. Cards may be turned in at the
Librarianís Desk, or left on the table in the meeting room if the Library is
- Refreshments may be served. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Groups serving refreshments are responsible for providing all serving utensils
and for cleaning up following their meeting. Candles may not be used in the
meeting room for decorative purposes. They may be used for ceremonial purposes.
- Storage of personal property, equipment and/or supplies is not permitted in
the Library except in assigned locations. The Library will not be responsible
for any personal property or equipment left in the library.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any meeting or to
limit the frequency of use by a single group.
- The Library reserves the right to deny use of the meeting rooms to any
- The Library Board of Trustees and the Library staff do not assume any
liability for groups or for individuals attending any meeting or program in the
Adopted: October 27, 2004